Utah Blogger Interview

August is Utah Blogger/Author appreciation month. This is my first year to participate and I thought that to kick off the month I would post my interview of fellow Utah blogger Jenny at alternatereadality so we can all get to know her a little bit better!

When and why did you start blogging?

I started blogging back in April of 2011, so just over a year ago. I'm constantly hanging out with Suey of It's All About Books and she tried for some time to get me to start a blog. The truth was, it was only a matter of time before I would start a book blog. I'm very happy I did start, though. It's been so much fun!

The best book you've read this year and why?

Oh, wow. That's a hard question. Do I really have to pick just one?! Um, this really isn't fair to all the wonderful books I've read this year but here goes. The Hollow City by Dan Wells. Why? Well, first and foremost it was one of the most unique books I've ever read. It totally messes with your head. It's freaky and exciting and with a great MC that you can't help but love. Gosh, I don't know, just read this one if you get the chance.

I know that your into Soccer and Reading, but if there was one other thing you would like to blog about, what would it be?

Hmmm, well I do talk about movies and TV but sometimes I think it would be fun to talk about healthy eating. I recently lost a ton of weight and I would love to share the things I learned. I don't want to come off sounding preachy, though. So I leave it be.

What are some of your favorites? Favorite Book, Author, Music, Soccer Team, Food and Subject in School (current or former class years)
Favorite book? Mary Shelly's Frankenstein followed closely by Markus Zusak's I Am The Messenger. Author? Markus Zusak holy crapola, that boy can write! Music? Um, wow, lots of stuff. Keane...maybe. Soccer Team? Totally Real Madrid, baby! They rock! Food? Chocolate milk. Love the stuff. Unfortunately it doesn't fit into the diet anymore. :( School Subject? I was actually homeschooled, so the whole school experience was very different for me. I really LOVED writing stuff, though. Poems, odes, reports, and eventually stories.

Any advice for anyone who wants to start their own blog?
Oh, I'm sure. There's lots I could say but the thing that shocked me the most, the thing I was NOT prepared for, was how big my TBR list was going to get...like in the first week! You can't read other people's blogs without suddenly wanting to read everything! It was scary!

Where can we find you?
I'm on Facebook and Twitter and Goodreads....and, um, I think that's about it. I love meeting new bloggers so if you're new to me come check out my blog!

Thank You Jenny for taking the time to talk with me! I could not agree more about the To-Be-Read stacks, they grow daily!

Comments

  1. Jenny and I have been friends for a while now. But, I loved getting to know just a little bit more about her. Thanks for the interview and the interesting questions. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome interview! Thanks for participating and letting us get to know Jenny even better! (I think she should add the healthy eating feature to her blog, yes?) And Holy Crapola!!! Here's to MZ!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jenny! Thanks for interviewing her and participating in Utah Book Month!

    (Jenny, I had no idea that FRANKENSTEIN is you favorite book of all time! The things I learn.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun interview! I've been following Jenny's blog for a while, but I didn't know a lot of that about her. :) And I'm with Suey... I'd love to hear more about healthy eating from someone it actually worked for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for interviewing me! I had fun and it's quite the ego boost hearing all these people say they like me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I learned some new things about Jenny from this review! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love books that mess with your mind. I haven't read anything by Dan Wells yet, but I want to. Cool interview!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think?