Afterlife (The Swarm Trilogy #2) by Megg Jensen

The fire inside Lianne threatened to consume her, but she fought back and won. Unfortunately the collateral damage of her decisions won’t stop haunting her. She embarks on a secret trip to find Mags and return her son, but her search leads her into another nest of lies.

Everyone’s safety is in Lianne’s hands as the Malborn, an enemy more fearsome than her own people, looms over them. Will Lianne be able to unravel the secrets in time to save the ones she loves the most? Or will her lack of faith in her own decisions lead to disaster?

Afterlife weaves some of the favorite characters from the Cloud Prophet Trilogy (Anathema, Oubliette, and Severed) into The Swarm Trilogy as Lianne comes face-to-face with a character introduced at the end of Severed


As Lianne has just lost what she thought was the love of her life in the last book. But also discovered a new love in a long lost friend. I was surprised to see that it as well didn't get to live as long as I was hoping it would. That is not to say that I don't like any of her love interests. These books are pretty short and reading them one after another I have found that the process of going from one boy to the next felt rather fast to me. Plus I liked the friend character and wanted to see him around more. 

When Lianne is on her quest to find Mags, pretty quickly she is herself kidnapped and taken to a safe hiding place. It seems that there are a lot of powerful and dangerous people looking for her. When we finally get to discover who they are, it's pretty shocking and leads to a very interesting twist. 

I fell in love with the Cloud Prophet Trilogy and besides the fact that this Swarm trilogy seems to fly by way to fast. I am a huge fan of Megg Jensen's work and recommend it to anybody. It's got magic, secrets, strong female heroine's. I have loved all of the books I read so far and they are great fun, quick and fast paced. 

Comments