Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod #1) by Heather Brewer

 


Junior high really sucks for thirteen-year-old Vladimir Tod. Bullies harass him, the principal is dogging him, and the girl he likes prefers his best friend. Oh, and Vlad has a secret: his mother was human, but his father was a vampire. With no idea of the extent of his powers, Vlad struggles daily with his blood cravings and his enlarged fangs. When a substitute teacher begins to question him a little too closely, Vlad worries that his cover is about to be blown. But then he faces a much bigger problem: he's being hunted by a vampire killer.
Paperback, 192 pages  Published May 15th 2010 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published August 16th 2007)  ISBN   161687810X (ISBN13: 9781616878108)



I have to admit that I never thought I would pick up this series. I have always found the covers interesting but thought that it would be a little more middle grade reading than my usual preference. But I had a chance to get the first book on audio pretty cheap and thought "why not". So one boring day at work, I turned on the audio and found that I really kinda adored this story. It's funny and interesting and I listened to it in a day. I am happy I have been introduced to Vlad and will most likely continue with this series over the next year. I do recommend this to others, especially those trying to get back into reading because it's quick and will leave you wanting more.. oh and forgot to mention, it has VAMPIRES no need to say more

Comments